Saturday, August 28, 2010

Training Run / Looking Like Fall / Touring 6211

A Boston Fit training run brought unusual crowds to the trail this morning. The trainees had the good sense to run singly or in small groups, limiting congestion. I saw refreshment stations at Hurd Field (Arlington Heights) and near Fletcher Avenue (Lexington Center). Basement cat presided at the latter.

Near Fletcher Avenue, Lexington

Last week's rain after the dry summer covered the trail in dead leaves, creating an autumnal appearance in August.

Near Valley Road, Lexington

I'm always at Bedford Depot Park early in the morning, so I've never seen Budd car 6211 open for inspection.  My wife and I walked part of the Bedford Narrow Gauge Rail Trail today, then toured 6211 and the Freight House at the park.

At Bedford Depot Park


Today: 10.5 miles. This year: 740.4 miles.

No comments: