Saturday, June 14, 2008

Are You the Bikeway Blogger?

Occasional reader Jeff coasted alongside for a while yesterday to check my identity and ask what I knew about harassment of trail users near Arlington High School. This was the first I've heard of the problem, which involves teens pelting riders and skaters in the afternoon. Jeff told me it was a topic at the quarterly trail meeting ("Meeting of Minuteman Bikeway Communities") on Thursday. Another meeting topic was the possibility of Lexington clearing the trail next winter. Jeff was happy about that as a supporter of Arlington's Clear the Trail initiative.

I noticed new bikeway banners in Arlington Center while eating at Punjab Thursday night. There's a little about them on the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee's home page and also on the Bikeway news page.

Today: 10.5 miles. This year: 390.8 miles.

2 comments:

Yury Kats said...

Pelting? I've never heard nor seen that either.
So what did the meeting have to say about it?

Trail Skater said...

I don't know what was said at the meeting about this. Maybe Jeff can fill us in next time he stops in.