Saturday, September 20, 2008

Runners Everywhere

The Arlington Town Day Road Race (pdf brochure) was using the trail from Frazer Road to Mill Street this morning. I knew that in advance and steered clear. A water station behind Trader Joe's should have raised my suspicions. Another one at Seasons Four in Lexington made me wonder. I stopped at a third one by Bedford Street and learned about the Boston Fit marathon training run. I'm sure the trail was crowded where the two runs overlapped.

Coincidentally there was another trail traffic survey today. The woman counting trail users at the Lexington Depot didn't know where the results wind up, only that the various reporting organizations share them with each other and the state.

Arlington Town Day fireworks at Spy Pond

Today: 10 miles. This year: 1284.7 miles.

No comments: