Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ambitions

On or before June 24th, I will weigh 139 pounds. I will run 3.5 miles in 45 minutes or less. I will skate 407 miles.

Why these oddly specific ambitions?

Long-time readers know that I reached 139 pounds (BMI = 22) in my office weight-loss group in 2008. It's time to get back there. June 24th brings this year's Boston edition of the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge. Unimpressive as it seems, a running time of 45 minutes puts me well ahead of the slowest runners from my company. And finally, 407 more miles of skating brings my lifetime recorded total to eleven thousand miles. Sometime in 2011 I'll hit 12,500 miles: half-way around the world.

2 comments:

Yury Kats said...

You can walk 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. Which is what many people at the Corporate Challenge do. :)

Trail Skater said...

That's funny, I never could before.

Actually, I probably did last year, but the starting delay gave me a total over 50. What I'm really aiming for is 45 minutes on the race clock, or about 40 minutes running / jogging / walking time.